Just Like That
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Just Like That

The original English RPG

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Books in English !

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Walrus

Walrus

▌Posts : 7
▌RP's Points : 0
▌Join date : 2011-04-27
Hobbies : Horse riding :D

Books in English ! Empty
PostSubject: Books in English !   Books in English ! EmptyMon May 02, 2011 7:29 am

Hi Everybody ! :D
    Well ... Who knows good books to read in English ? I have already read one, and I liked it ! It was Alice's aventures in Wonderland [ a classic, I know ]. I think, read in English is better than read in French ...
    I wait your ideas ! :P
Back to top Go down
Persona

Persona

▌Posts : 10
▌RP's Points : 6
▌Join date : 2011-04-01
▌Location : Brittany

Character sheet
Relationships:
Anything else to say ?:

Books in English ! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Books in English !   Books in English ! EmptyMon May 02, 2011 1:08 pm

Well, I really think it is better reading an English author in English, a french author in French, etc... But for sure you can't learn italian, russian, hindi or anything else just to read. x_x

I just read "Of mice and men" that is interesting, but you need some skill in English to understand it. Books for children or teenagers could be a good training, because it is very boring searching each unknown word in the dictonary x_x. I have Alice's adventures on my shelves, but I'm too lazy and not even read it. I actually prefer reading some easy books - Spiderwick's chronicles, Hunger game... - when it's in English, whereas I highly prefer great literature in French. But, it's a matter of understanding, I think.

Back to top Go down
G2F

▌Posts : 15
▌Join date : 2011-04-06
▌Location : France

Books in English ! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Books in English !   Books in English ! EmptyWed May 04, 2011 4:38 pm

I was just looking for an interesting English book ! :O
I agree with Persona, taking a look at the dictionary twice in 45sec must be really, really boring. Books in English ! 683460
I've never read an English book (shame on me, I know Books in English ! 596379 ), but I should. It's one of the best ways to improve our English...
So, you prefer reading short stories, don't you ? Is it easier than reading a big novel ?
Back to top Go down
Persona

Persona

▌Posts : 10
▌RP's Points : 6
▌Location : Brittany

Character sheet
Relationships:
Anything else to say ?:

Books in English ! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Books in English !   Books in English ! EmptyWed May 04, 2011 8:23 pm

I don't think so. It is not "easier", but it could be if you are lazy. ;p
It's like in French, er... for example, Eragon is a very long book, but also very easy to read, whereas, I don't know, Phèdre (Racine) is shorter but more difficult ! But to start to read in English, maybe a short novel would be less discouraging.

By the way, I thought it was difficult to found an English book. But I actually found some in my town's library, and my school's library too ! And I'm pretty glad I realized last week the biggest book shop of my town has also a shelf of English books. In fact, it's not very difficult to find some of them.
Back to top Go down
Walrus

Walrus

▌Posts : 7
▌Join date : 2011-04-27
Hobbies : Horse riding :D

Books in English ! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Books in English !   Books in English ! EmptyThu May 05, 2011 3:33 pm

I know, we can find English books everywhere. I found Alice in my school's library ... But I would like your opinions about books, that you have already read ... To choose a good book x) .

Quote :
    I agree with Persona, taking a look at the dictionary twice in 45sec must be really, really boring

I agree too ! But I'll take a special collection, with words of vocabulary :)
Back to top Go down
Niennaju

Niennaju

▌Posts : 27
Hobbies : riding horse, reading,listening to music, watching Castle and Bones =D

Books in English ! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Books in English !   Books in English ! EmptyFri May 13, 2011 7:17 pm

I think the very classical book to start reading in English is the Harry Potter saga... even if you know it in french line to line, I think read it it english will make us discover a new vision of the characters, etc... but for now, i'm trying to read "Naked Heat", the second novel based on Castle's TV Show, but it's in PDF format, and I prefer read in a real book, so it's a little boring... but I like it, it's very funny!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Books in English ! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Books in English !   Books in English ! Empty

Back to top Go down

Books in English !
Page 1 of 1